Plug-In Austin Electric Vehicles
Rebates, Resources, and Fun for EV Drivers and Riders
The electric vehicle EVolution is here! Electric vehicles are fun to ride and drive and can save you money while helping the environment. Now is the time to say goodbye to gas and save with Austin Energy.
EVs Are Easy To...
- Use — Plug into a regular outlet at home. Get a rebate for a faster home charger. Use a public charging station for a charge on-the-go.
- Maintain — Enjoy more time and money in your pocket. EVs need less maintenance and have fewer moving parts.
- Fuel — There are more options than ever for charging your EV. Austin Energy charging ports are powered by renewable Texas wind energy.
- Drive — Get the high performance you want in a car, when you choose to lease, buy, or get a used EV.
- Ride — Consider multiple electric transportation options, with buses, bikes, scooters, motorcycles, rideshare, and more. Check out the Electric Ride Rebate.
- Find — Access Austin Energy's EV Buyer's Guide to explore a comprehensive resource for EV research, lease, or ownership.
- Conserve — Drive a zero-emission EV to help the environment and keep the air cleaner for EVeryone.
How Did We Get Here?
Learn how Austin Energy prepared for plug-in electric vehicles on Central Texas roads.
- Read a summary of the Texas River Cities Plug-In Electric Vehicle Infrastructure Plan (pdf)
- Read the full Texas River Cities Plug-In Electric Vehicle Initiative Regional Plan and Report from Clean Cities Coalition Network (pdf)
Stay Plugged In
- Telephone: 512-494-9400
- Email: Plug-In Austin