Three Ways to Report Outages and Get Status Updates
If you experience a power outage, it’s easy to notify Austin Energy online, by text message, or by phone. We’ll restore power as quickly as possible.
- Online — Report an outage online and check the Outage Map for status updates.
- By text message — Text OUT to 287846 to register. Austin Energy will text you back with status updates, as available.
If you are not already registered for text alerts, the system may prompt you for the phone number associated with your account or your account number. Learn more about Outage Alerts
- By phone – call 512-322-9100
- Before reporting a power outage, please check your breakers if you can do so safely.
- Check the Outage Map to see if an outage has already been reported in your neighborhood.
- Be prepared for outages before they occur
- Learn how Austin Energy prepares for power outages
- Learn how to read the Outage Map
- Know how to stay safe during an outage
- Get current outage news