Report a Problem
If You See A Problem, We Need to Know
We work hard to prevent serious problems and we monitor our systems in order to identify issues quickly. But we also appreciate it when our customers tell us about problems like power outages, downed power lines, electricity theft, or suspected telephone scams.
Tree limbs, storms, vehicles hitting electric poles, and even small animals can cause power outages or downed power lines.
- If you have a power outage — Report outages and sign up for text message alerts or call us at 512-322-9100.
- If you see a downed power line — Stay away and stay safe! Call 512-322-9100 to report downed power lines.
Waiting to Start Electric Service at a New Address?
Whether you are new to Austin Energy or transferring service to a different address, you can sign up to Get Outage Alerts after the start-of-service date.
Theft and Scams
Electricity theft and telephone scams are illegal and sometimes dangerous activities that should be reported immediately.
- If you suspect electricity theft — call 512-972-7475 to report it anonymously.
- If you receive a suspicious phone call from someone who asks you to make a utility bill payment over the phone — hang up and dial 3-1-1 or 512-974-2000 to report the call.
- If you receive a suspicious phone call or visit from someone who wants to sell you solar panels, saying they work for Austin Energy — hang up or tell the visitor that you are not interested, and dial 3-1-1 or 512-974-2000 to report the call or visit.
- Learn how to stay safe when a power line is down
- Learn how to report electricity theft
- Learn what to do about telephone scams