Become a Participating Solar Contractor
How to Work with Austin Energy
Austin Energy maintains a list of solar professionals in the Austin area. These participating contractors are eligible to offer Austin Energy incentives to customers who install solar power at their homes or businesses.
Participating contractors are required to comply with all program guidelines and are expected to conduct business in an honest, professional and ethical manner.
All participating contractors must abide by the Austin Energy Code of Conduct and Ethical Requirements (pdf) and the Austin Energy Solar Incentive Program Contractor Handbook (pdf) in order to remain on the participating contractors list.
How to Become a Participating Contractor
Step 1: Register as a Vendor with the City of Austin
To become an Austin Energy vendor, you must first register with the City of Austin's Vendor Connection.
Registering allows you to:
- List your products or services with the City
- Receive solicitation notices when your product or services meet our business needs
- Look for different types of solicitations, and see when master agreements expire and are ready for re-solicitation
Step 2: Register with Our Online Rebate Processing System
Step 3: Attend One Administrative Meeting and One Technical Meeting
- Administrative meetings (video) — offer a program overview and review the rebate application, permitting, and installation processes
- Technical meetings (video) — review the interconnection and inspection requirements specific to Austin Energy
- Email Customer Energy Solutions for upcoming meeting dates
- Email Customer Energy Solutions
- Phone: 512-482-5373
The EECP™ Rebate Processing System is available for use by participating contractors who have registered with the City of Austin, and who have set up their accounts in our new online system.