Critical Load Registry
Priority Service and Restoration During Outages
Austin Energy's Critical Load Registry is a list of non-residential service locations that can be classified as public safety or critical infrastructure. These sites have an approved Critical Load Registry application on file with Austin Energy.
During outages, Austin Energy will prioritize Critical Load registrants for service continuation and power restoration to the extent possible under the conditions of the outage.
Review the different types of outages for more information
To be considered for the Critical Load Registry, the service location must fall into one of the following categories:
- Public Safety — A customer for whom electric service is considered crucial for the protection or maintenance of public safety — including, but not limited to — hospitals, police stations, and fire stations.
- Critical Infrastructure — A customer that supports critical water and wastewater facilities, a gas control center, or gas compressor plants.
Public safety and critical infrastructure service locations are eligible to be placed in the Critical Load Registry, pending approval by Austin Energy.
Terms and Conditions
- Customers who have been approved for placement in the Critical Load Registry cannot be guaranteed an uninterrupted, regular, or continuous power supply.
- If electricity is a necessity for your business, you must make other arrangements for on-site backup capabilities or other alternatives in the event of loss of electric service.
- Registered service locations are not exempt from planned service interruptions.
- Registrants are not exempt from their financial responsibilities or the termination of service in accordance with Austin Energy or City of Austin Utilities policies.
Critical Load Registry Application
- Application must be completed in order to obtain a designation of Critical Load status with Austin Energy.
- Application will not be processed and approved if incomplete, unreadable, or improperly submitted.
- All information is required unless otherwise indicated.
Complete and submit the Critical Load Registry Application today
What to Expect After You Apply
Submission of a Critical Load Registry application does not automatically result in approval and placement in the registry.
- Austin Energy representatives will review all applications and contact applicants if additional information is needed.
- Applicants will receive a status email no later than two weeks after they submit their application.
Please contact us if you have any questions about the registry or your application status.
- Phone: 512-322-6694
- Email: Austin Energy Critical Load Support
- You can also contact your Key Account representative, if applicable