Customer Energy Solutions Program Updates
Tracking Progress On Our Goals
The Austin Energy Resource, Generation, and Climate Protection Plan (pdf) outlines the goals we have set, and are presently on track to meet by the year 2030.
Austin Energy's utility goals are to:
- Achieve 1200 MW through energy efficiency and demand response measures.
- Ensure >1% of MWH sales equates to MWH energy efficiency.
- Provide for 375 MW of local solar with 200 MW being customer-sited.
- Achieve a level of 93% carbon-free generation.
Austin Energy is responsible for and committed to the design, implementation, and evaluation of these goals through our rebate programs and offerings as well as our outreach and education.
See How We're Doing
Learn More About Our Customer Energy Solutions Programs and Offerings
Our Customer Energy Solutions (CES) team helps our customers save money and energy through a wide selection of rebate offerings and incentives.
Residential Energy Efficiency — Residential customers are encouraged to
take advantage of a wide variety of Austin Energy conservation programs designed to help them reduce their energy
consumption and save money on their electric bills.
Commercial Energy Efficiency — Commercial rebates are offered to our
commercial customers so they may invest in new, energy efficient technologies that reduce the high demand for
electrical power during hot summer afternoons when the demand for electric power is at its highest.
Austin Energy Green
Building — We offer consultation, technical assistance, and green building rating services to all building
industry professionals working on new construction and major renovation projects within the Austin Energy service
- Solar Energy — We assist customers who install Solar Photovoltaic (PV) technology and solar hot water heaters in their homes or businesses by offering financial incentives to help offset the initial investment.
Plug-In Austin Electric Vehicle Program — This program offers rebates
to help pay for electric charging stations. Rebates are also offered for qualified electric-powered
motorcycles, bikes, scooters, mopeds, or Segways. Other incentives are available for businesses and