Get Started with Austin Energy Green Building
Consulting and Guidance Throughout Your Project Lifecycle
Austin Energy Green Building (AEGB) knows that every project is different. That's why we offer personalized consulting services to help you meet the specific sustainability requirements for single family, multifamily, or commercial buildings.
We partner with owners, architects, engineers, designers, contractors, and developers from the initial design through the completion of construction to ensure the highest rating possible.
Register your project to receive:
- Help establishing performance goals.
- Advice on materials and systems.
- Ongoing verification of construction progress.
- Evaluation of environmental and community impact.
In some cases, an AEGB rating has been incorporated into an agreement. Examples include PUD zoning, density bonus programs, or as a condition of S.M.A.R.T. housing participation.
- Find your project's zoning profile with the City of Austin
- View a map of locations with green building rating agreements
New construction and major renovation projects in the Austin Energy Service Territory are eligible.
- Single Family Rating — single-family homes, duplexes, and townhomes
- Multifamily Rating — multifamily and mixed used developments up to seven stories tall
- Commercial Rating — commercial buildings and multifamily and mixed-use developments over seven stories tall
Single family homes, duplexes, and townhomes outside of the Austin Energy service territory but within our 27-county extended-rating service area may participate using one of our prequalified extended area raters.
AEGB ratings aren’t one-size-fits-all. Along with standard basic requirements, ratings are determined using a set of measures within multiple sustainability categories. Both remain constant from the project's beginning to its completion, so goals are clearly defined and are easier to meet.
Looking for Inspiration and Ideas?
Check out completed featured projects with high achievement in sustainability and design.
Take Advantage of Austin Energy's Integrated Modeling Incentive
The Integrated Modeling Incentive rewards building owners that incorporate energy modeling early in the design process through post-occupancy verification. Participants select a qualified energy consultant to guide the process. Projects must be new construction or major renovation ≥10,000 sq ft for commercial, multifamily, or governmental use.
The Austin Energy Integrated Modeling Incentive program is not accepting new project applications under the current incentive program structure. We will keep this website updated with announcements regarding program revisions and release dates as they become available.