Approved Electric Rates
Fiscal Year 2023
New Electric Base Rates Go Into Effect Starting With March Bills
The new base rates are the result of Austin Energy’s Base Rate Review process, which included an open and transparent review of Austin Energy’s base rate proposal by an experienced Impartial Hearing Examiner. The Impartial Hearing Examiner listened to all issues and positions from participants and made a recommendation to Austin City Council. The Austin City Council set new base rates for Austin Energy after considering the utility’s final proposal, stakeholder positions and the Impartial Hearing Examiner’s recommendation.
These changes help Austin Energy continue to provide valuable services, encourage energy efficiency and conservation, and maintain the local electric system for our growing area.
Rider Rate Schedules
- Community Solar Rider (pdf)
- GreenChoice® Rider (pdf)
- Load Shifting Voltage Discount Rider (pdf)
- Value of Solar Rider (pdf)
- Tariff for Wholesale Transmission Service — WTS (pdf)
- Tariff for Wholesale Transmission Service — Distribution Voltage (pdf)
- City of Austin Utilities 2022-2023 Rates and Fees Schedule (pdf)
- Austin Energy 2022-2023 Fee Schedule (pdf)
If you have any questions about your rates, please call 512-494-9400.