Approved Electric Rates
Fiscal Year 2024
New Rates and Fees start Nov. 1
Every year, the Austin City Council approves the rates and fees customers pay on their City of Austin Utilities bill. That includes Austin Energy’s portion. Below are some of the changes that go into effect Nov. 1.
- Base rates for electric service increased by 2%, strengthening the utility’s financial health.
- For pass-through rates — a dollar-for-dollar recovery of certain costs:
- The Regulatory Charge went down by 8%.
- The Community Benefit Charge went up by 53%.
- As approved with the 2022 base rate changes, the monthly Customer Charge increased by a dollar.
With these changes, the typical residential customer will see a monthly bill increase of about $2.44. Bill impacts to commercial customers will vary depending on consumption patterns.
Rider Rate Schedules
- Community Solar Rider (pdf)
- GreenChoice® Rider (pdf)
- Load Shifting Voltage Discount Rider (pdf)
- Value of Solar Rider (pdf)
- Tariff for Wholesale Transmission Service — WTS (pdf)
- Tariff for Wholesale Transmission Service — Distribution Voltage (pdf)
- City of Austin Utilities 2023-2024 Rates and Fees Schedule (pdf)
- Austin Energy 2023-2024 Fee Schedule (pdf)
If you have any questions about your rates, please call 512-494-9400.