Approved Electric Rates
Fiscal Year 2023
Austin Energy Adjusted Pass-through Charges
Changes to Austin Energy's pass-through charges, including the Power Supply Adjustment and the Regulatory Charge, were approved October 13, 2022 and went into effect November 1, 2022.
No changes were made to Austin Energy's base rates through this process.
Residential customers who use 860 kWh a month could see an increase of about $15 to their monthly electric bill. Impacts to commercial customers will vary depending on consumption patterns.
- The Power Supply Adjustment increased by 52%, with part of the needed recovery spread over the next three years to reduce the effect on customers’ bills. The Power Supply Adjustment is a dollar-for-dollar recovery that includes the cost of fuel for our power plants, the cost of electricity purchased from the grid and any net changes experienced as Austin Energy sells power to the grid. Austin Energy can make small adjustments to this charge throughout the year, as conditions require.
- The Regulatory Charge increased by 24% to meet the expenses of rising wholesale transmission costs. The Regulatory Charge recovers Austin Energy’s costs for using the ERCOT wholesale transmission system and other regulatory fees and charges.
Rider Rate Schedules
- Community Solar Rider (pdf)
- GreenChoice® Rider (pdf)
- Load Shifting Voltage Discount Rider (pdf)
- Value of Solar Rider (pdf)
- Tariff for Wholesale Transmission Service — WTS (pdf)
- Tariff for Wholesale Transmission Service — Distribution Voltage (pdf)
- City of Austin Utilities 2022-2023 Rates and Fees Schedule (pdf)
- Austin Energy 2022-2023 Fee Schedule (pdf)
If you have any questions about your rates, please call 512-494-9400.