Field Service Centers
Field Service Centers provide central locations from which Austin Energy can dispatch crews.
We maintain two field service centers in the Austin area.
- St. Elmo Service Center dispatches for South Austin.
- Kramer Lane Service Center dispatches for North Austin.
Troubleshooters help crews all over the service territory; they are housed at our System Control Center in East Austin.
Crews at these locations are responsible for:
- Outage restoration
- Equipment replacement and repair
- New construction
- Illumination and street lighting
- Transmission and distribution construction
- Downtown underground network
Learn more about Electric Service Design and Planning