How to Participate in the Formal IHE Process
2022 Base Rate Review
You may Participate in the Impartial Hearing Examiner's formal public process and provide input on Austin Energy's proposed base rates. This multi-step process will run through September 2022.
Participants in this process can:
- Provide input on Austin Energy's proposed base rates.
- Ask questions of Austin Energy staff.
- Present their perspective for the Impartial Hearing Examiner to consider.
Austin Energy and the City of Austin have worked to make the base rate review process Participation easy. Even so, the process includes specific requirements that all participants must meet in order to provide the best opportunity for a fair outcome for all stakeholders. To take part in the Formal Impartial Hearing Examiner process as a Participant, customers needed to submit a request to Participate by Wednesday, May 18, 2022.
Read the Austin Energy Base Rate Review Procedural Guidelines
Read the finalized guidelines to make sure you understand your rights and responsibilities when participating in the 2022 base rate review IHE process.
Record of Filed Documents Available Online
The Office of the City Clerk will maintain a website that lists all documents filed in the IHE process. All filed documents will become part of the public record of this process. The public record means that any member of the public will be able to see and download the document, whether or not they are Participating in the formal process.
Specific Steps to Participate in the Impartial Hearing Examiner Process
- Read the Austin Energy 2022 Base Rate Review Procedural Guidelines (pdf).
- File a Request to Participate by May 18, 2022. Your Request to Participate must state that you are allowed to Participate and identify the issues you would like to address in the process.
- Once you have filed your Request to Participate, you may begin Participating in the IHE process, including filing your initial Presentation on the Issues and Requests for Information.
- After the IHE approves your Request to Participate, you should regularly check the City Clerk’s website to review new filings. Neither the City of Austin nor Austin Energy is responsible for informing Participants when new filings are made.
- Anyone who files a Request to Participate may receive Requests for Information from other Participants or Austin Energy, and will need to respond according to the guidelines.