Green by Design Webinars
April 11, 18 and 25 from 7-9 p.m.
Learn how to build, remodel or buy green homes that improve energy and water efficiency, increase comfort and reduce maintenance. The workshop is designed to provide a choice of topics based on your green building needs. Sessions are hosted by Austin Energy Green Building team members who provide insight and experience on sustainable building practices. Course materials provided.
Attend live online sessions for free. Advance registration is required to receive webinar access instructions and password.
Session 1 | Planning and Design
- Identifying home design priorities with sustainability concepts in mind
- Understanding how sustainability applies to home design
- Learning how location, site and climate affect the design of a sustainable home
- Choosing your team and rating with Austin Energy Green Building
Session 2 | Materials and Landscaping
- Designing homes that are material and resource efficient
- Selecting material choices that are healthier and safer
- Making informed decisions when choosing materials
- Understanding responsible landscaping features and strategies
Session 3 | Home Systems
- Designing and right-sizing mechanical systems for comfort and efficiency
- Comparing high efficiency lighting and appliances
- Selecting venting, water heating, and plumbing systems
- Exploring zero-energy capable home features and strategies
Registration: Register here
The webinar will be hosted using Zoom. No software is necessary to join the meeting. Additional details on how to join will be sent to registered attendees.
- Seminar is open to everyone
- RSVP is required to receive webinar instructions and password
Continuing Education Credits
- This seminar will be submitted for AIA Learning Units/HSW
- Austin Energy Green Building will provide certificates of completion for self-reporting
- Certificate will list course description/number
- All certificates will be emailed