Designing for Public Health
An Austin Energy Green Building Event
Creating healthier communities that promote human dignity and joy is at the heart of designing for equitable futures. Building social equity and advocating for environmental sustainability means considering whole systems, cultures, and communities. This seminar will explore where and how public health meets health care, climate, and housing. Speakers will present global and local projects that serve diverse communities and explore community health elements that advance social impact, sustainability, and resilience.
Date: Thursday, October 26, 2023
Time: 11:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
Location: Austin Energy, Room 1111, parking and directions (PDF)
Registration: Register online
- Katie Swenson, Senior Principal, MASS Design Group
- Anna Lake-Smith, Senior Design Manager, Foundation Communities
- Jon Hagar, Principal & Director of Affordable Housing, Forge Craft Architecture + Design
Agenda and Attendance
To amplify the public health message of community building, Austin Energy will host this professional development seminar in person.
- 11:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. Seminar presentations - bring your own lunch
- 1:00 p.m. - 1:30 p.m. Community reception - light snacks provided
- Seminar is open to building professionals and other invited guests
- RSVP is required as space is limited
- Not able to join us in person? RSVP to receive the follow up email with links to the video recording and additional resources. There is a check box to indicate that you will not attend in person.
- Professional videography will be in session and your attendance grants permission to use your image in future publications.
Continuing Education Credits
- This seminar will be submitted for AIA Learning Units, GBCI CE Hours for LEED professional, and AICP CM Credits
- Austin Energy Green Building will provide certificates of completion for self-reporting
- Certificate will list course description and number
- CEUs will be awarded only to attendees of the entire 90-minute presentation. The reception is optional.
- All certificates will be emailed