Your Residential Bill
Your bill includes charges for your City of Austin utility services. Depending on where you live, it can include charges for drainage, electricity, solid waste, street service, wastewater, and water.
Billing for all of the City’s utility services is managed by Austin Energy.
Customer Care representatives can answer questions about your bill and provide information about payment methods and assistance programs.
They can also answer questions about payment standards, fees and deposits, reconnecting services disconnected for non-payment, as well as other questions about your utility services, such as tree pruning or street lighting.
You can reach Customer Care at 512-494-9400.
Online Customer Care
You can also manage your utility services any time, day or night. Log in to City of Austin Utilities Online Customer Care to pay your bill, set up automatic payments, sign up for eBill, and use a variety of other features.
Information on Your Bill
Each bill includes the following information:
- PowerLink — Number assigned to represent your address when you report a power outage. See the Electric Service portion of your bill for your PowerLink Number.
- Account Number — Number to use when calling Customer Care about your account. Include this number on checks and electronic payments. Be sure to include any leading zeroes.
- Date Due — Date by which to pay bill to avoid penalty.
- Contact Information — Numbers to call if you have questions.
- Utility News — Messages or announcements.
- Contributions — Places on your payment stub to make charitable contributions.
- Service Details — List of charges for each of your utility services.
- Authorized Pay Stations and Drop Boxes — Places where you can pay bills or drop off payments.
Charges on Your Bill
Your bill will include tiered charges for your electric usage. It also will include other line items, such as customer charge, power supply adjustment, and regulatory, community benefit, and energy efficiency charges.
Payment Methods / Options
The City of Austin provides a variety of methods and options for paying your utility bill in person or online.
- Register and log in to City of Austin Utilities Online Customer Care
- See all of our bill payment options
The City of Austin also offers programs to help customers who face long- or short-term difficulties pay their utility bills.