EV360℠ Residential Time-of-Use Rate Pilot Program
Charge At Home and On-The-Go
Austin Energy customers who drive a plug-in Electric Vehicle (EV) can now get off-peak charging at home, or anytime on-the-go — all for a fixed rate as low as $30/month.*
What Is EV360?
With Austin Energy’s EV360 program, EV drivers can take advantage of a fixed, time-of-use rate that includes unlimited charging at Plug-In Everywhere℠ stations and unlimited off-peak charging at home.
- Off-peak hours are from 7:00 pm - 2:00 pm on weekdays, and anytime on weekends.
- Your rate may be as low as $30/month.*
- Energy usage is measured by a sub-meter installed at your home.
If you drive a plug-in electric vehicle, the EV360 program can be quite beneficial and cost effective.
- Participating in EV360 gives EV drivers access to a flat rate every month.
- Customers who pay for electric usage in higher rate tiers can now separate their EV charging from their home energy consumption.
- By charging during off peak hours, EV drivers are plugging into clean, 100% renewable energy.
How to Qualify
Participating customers will need to install an EV residential sub-meter circuit attached to an in-home level two plug-in electric vehicle charging station. This charging station is connected to an EV meter that registers electrical power usage at the customer’s primary residence. Austin Energy will provide and install an EV charging meter at your home.
- You must be an Austin Energy residential electric customer.
- You must own or lease a plug-in electric vehicle and own a detached home.
- You will be required to install a residential sub-meter circuit in your home.
In addition to EV360’s monthly time-of-use rate, customers will need to cover these up-front expenses:
- The cost for a licensed electrician to install a sub-meter circuit and socket in accordance with Austin Energy specifications.
- The City of Austin permit for a residential sub-meter circuit.
Customers must commit to 12 consecutive billing cycles or a termination fee of $200 will be applied.
Interested? Let's Get Started
Complete and submit the form below. Austin Energy will verify your eligibility and email you a confirmation.
After You Receive Your Eligibility Confirmation
- Get bids for the installation of the residential sub-meter circuit from a licensed professional electrician. We highly recommend you get at least three bids and check references of licensed electricians.
- Select an electrician to install your residential sub-meter circuit. The electrician must reserve the EV360 meter from Austin Energy.
- The electrician installs the sub-meter circuit and passes the installation inspection.
- Austin Energy will make arrangements to install the new EV360 meter at your home.
- After your new meter is installed, your EV360 rate begins.
- Austin Energy will email confirmation of meter installation and include information on how to access the public Plug-In EVerwhere charging stations.
Stay Plugged In
- Follow us on Facebook for plug-in electric vehicle news, updates, and events.
- Telephone: 512-494-9400
- Email: Plug-In Austin
- Activate your Plug-In Everywhere membership
*A flat rate of $30 per month applies for EV drivers requiring a demand of < 10kw. For a demand of greater than 10kw, the fee is $50 per month.