City of Austin reopening north branch utility payment center
September 28, 2020
After temporarily closing due to COVID-19, the City of Austin’s North Utility Service Center will reopen Thursday,
Oct. 1, with new safety precautions in place for customers needing to pay their utility bills in person.
Customers visiting the facility can expect the following:
- All customers and staff will be required to wear face coverings inside the payment center, in accordance with Austin-Travis County public health orders
- Staff is following CDC guidelines for the cleaning the building, with high-touch areas such as counters, door handles, waiting areas and restrooms being sanitized more frequently throughout the day
- Clear, plastic barriers at payment counters and health shields at desks
- Hand sanitizing dispensers are available in the lobby
- Markers on the lobby floor to encourage social distancing
- Designated separate entrance and exit doors
- Occupancy limit protocols
Utility Customer Service Center – North Branch
Address: 8715 Research Blvd., Suite 115
Hours of operation: Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.; Tuesday and Thursday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
City of Austin Utilities has convenient online and phone options for customers to conduct business, eliminating the
need to come to a service center. Customers can make utility payments at coautilities.com or by calling 512-494-9400.
Additional payment options include:
- Paying at authorized locations, including most Austin H-E-B, Fiesta Mart, and Randall’s stores
- Mailing money order or check to P.O. BOX 2267, Austin, TX 78783-2267 or using a drop box location
- Payment drop boxes at the North Branch, as well as 625 East 10th Street and 505 Barton Springs are still available. Expect 3-5 business days for drop-off payments to process. The payment drop box at the Rosewood-Zaragosa branch is NOT available at this time.
Customers are encouraged to contact the Customer Care team at 512-494-9400 if they have questions about their utility bills, need to reconnect, start or stop service, or to set up payment arrangements or determine eligibility for Customer Assistance Programs to help with utility bills. Note: Spanish-speaking representatives are available.
Check out this video of the safety modifications put in place at the North Branch.