Green-e® Energy Certification
Green-e® Energy certifies that Austin Energy's Community Solar program meets the environmental and consumer protection standards established by the non-profit Center for Resource Solutions. Learn more at www.green-e.org.
Green-e Energy was established by the non-profit Center for Resource Solutions to:
- Provide information, an objective standard for consumers to compare renewable energy options.
- Verify that consumers get what they pay for.
Austin Energy voluntarily accepts and supports the Green-e Energy Code of Conduct and Customer Disclosure Requirements and independent verification methods.
Green-e Energy assures customers that renewable energy sellers portray their Green-e Energy Certified renewable energy option accurately.
When you see the Green-e Energy logo, it means:
- The renewable energy option contains only new renewable resources.
- The sources of energy supplying the renewable energy option are independently verified by Green-e Energy, operated by the non-profit Center for Resource Solutions.
- The purchaser of a Green-e Energy Certified renewable energy option is the sole "owner" of the environmental attributes of a specific megawatt hour (MWh) of energy added to the grid.
Independent verification ensures that no MWh is double-counted, and the company offering the certified renewable energy option agrees to abide by the Green-e Energy Code of Conduct and Customer Disclosure Requirements governing its ethical treatment of customers.
For more information on Green-e Energy certification requirements, call 1-888-63-GREEN or visit the Green-e Energy website.