Your Commercial Bill
Your bill includes charges for your City of Austin utility services. Depending on the location of your business, it can include charges for drainage, electric, solid waste, street service, wastewater, and water.
Billing for all of the City’s utility services is managed by Customer Care.
Customer Care representatives can answer questions about your bill and provide information about payment methods and assistance programs.
They also can answer questions about payment standards, fees and deposits, reconnecting services disconnected for non-payment, as well as other questions about your utility services such as tree pruning or street lighting.
You can reach Customer Care at 512-494-9400.
Online Customer Care
You also can manage your utility services anytime day or night using City of Austin Utilities Online Customer Care. You can pay your bill, set up automatic payments, sign up for eBill, and use a variety of other features.
Items on Your Bill
Each bill includes the following information:
- PowerLink — Number assigned to represent your address when you report a power outage. See the Electric Service portion of your bill for your PowerLink Number.
- Account Number — Number to use when calling Customer Care about your account. Include this number on checks and electronic payments. Be sure to include any leading zeroes.
- Date Due — Date by which to pay bill to avoid penalty.
- Contact Information — Numbers to call if you have questions.
- Utility News — Messages or announcements.
- Contributions — Places on your payment stub to make charitable contributions.
- Service Details — List of charges for each of your utility services.
- Authorized Pay Stations and Drop Boxes — Places where you can pay bills or drop off payments.
Charges on Your Bill
Your bill will include charges for your electric usage. Commercial customers are billed according to various commercial rate classes.
Your bill also will include other line items, such as customer charge, power supply adjustment, and regulatory, community benefit, and energy efficiency charges.
The City of Austin provides a variety of methods and options for paying your utility bill in person or online.
- Register and log in to use City of Austin Utilities Online Customer Care
- See all of our bill payment options
Commercial customers who need extra time to pay off a past-due account balances may make payment arrangements in order to keep their utility accounts in good standing.
Sales Tax Exemption
Some customers may be eligible to receive a sales tax exemption from their electricity usage. To see if your business is eligible:
- Download and complete the Sales Tax Exemption Certificate (pdf).
- Email the completed form to Tax Office or mail it to City of Austin Utilities Customer Care, 721 Barton Springs Road, Austin, TX 78704-1194.
Call City of Austin Utilities Customer Care at 512-494-9400 if you have questions about the sales tax exemption.