City of Austin reopening north branch utility payment center
February 28, 2021
After temporarily closing due to the COVID-19 Stage 5 alert, the City of Austin’s North Utility Customer Service
Center at 8715 Research Blvd., Suite 115 will reopen Monday, March 1. Customers will be able to obtain assistance
with their utility bills, make payments, and obtain information about payment assistance options.
The site is open Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.; Tuesday and Thursday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. The East Utility Customer Service Center remains closed until further notice and the South Utility Customer Service Center is closed for repairs sustained during the winter storms; once repairs are complete, this site will also reopen.
City of Austin Utilities has convenient online and phone options for customers to conduct business, if they choose not to come to pay in person. Customers can make utility payments at coautilities.com or by calling 512-494-9400.
Additional payment options include:
- Paying at authorized locations, including most Austin H-E-B, Fiesta Mart, Randall’s and Walmart stores
- Mailing money order or check to P.O. BOX 2267, Austin, TX 78783-2267 or using a drop box location
- Payment drop boxes at the North Branch, as well as 1901 W. William Cannon Drive, 625 East 10th Street and 505 Barton Springs are still available. Expect 3-5 business days for drop-off payments to process. The payment drop box at the Rosewood-Zaragosa branch is NOT available at this time.
Customers are encouraged to contact the Customer Care team at 512-494-9400 if they have questions about their utility bills, need to reconnect, start or stop service, or to set up payment arrangements or determine eligibility for Customer Assistance Programs to help with utility bills. Note: Spanish-speaking representatives are available.
COVID-19 safety precautions are in place for customers needing to pay their utility bills in person at the North Utility Customer Service Center:
- All customers and staff will be required to wear face coverings inside the payment center, in accordance with Austin-Travis County public health orders
- Staff is following CDC guidelines for the cleaning the building, with high-touch areas such as counters, door handles, waiting areas and restrooms being sanitized more frequently throughout the day
- Clear, plastic barriers at payment counters and health shields at desks
- Hand sanitizing dispensers are available in the lobby
- Markers on the lobby floor to encourage social distancing
- Designated separate entrance and exit doors
- Occupancy limit protocols