Information and Multi-Agency Resource Centers Launching to Help Community Recover from the Recent Storm
February 7, 2023
City departments, partner agencies, and community organizations are launching a series of Information Centers and Multi-Agency Resource Centers to help the community recover from the recent storm.
Information Centers will be open on Tuesday, February 7 at several Austin and Travis County Community Centers, where information will be available to help answer community members’ questions and to provide updates on recovery resources.
Multi-Agency Resource Centers will open beginning on Wednesday, February 8 and will run through Sunday, February 12. Staff will be available at these centers to answer community members’ questions and provide a variety of complimentary resources, such as charging centers, debris and damage information, mental health support, hot food, laundry facilities, showers, and more.
In addition, the City has created a “virtual” resource center, which can be accessed online 24/7 at austintexas.gov/recovery.
“Our communities continue to demonstrate their strength and resilience, and we all continue to face challenging times that disrupt our way of life,” says Chief Resilience Officer Laura Patiño. “We see our neighbors stepping out to help each other, and they are not alone. We are excited to partner with Travis County and many community organizations to establish centers that provide information and resources for recovery from this winter storm and preparedness for future shocks and stressors.”
Dates, times, and locations for these events are included below. For more information, please visit https://www.austintexas.gov/recovery
- Blackland Neighborhood Center, 2005 Salina Street, Austin, TX 78722
- East Austin Neighborhood Center, 211 Comal Street, Austin, TX 78702
- Gus Garcia Recreation Center 1201 E. Rundberg Lane, Austin, TX 78753
- George Morales Dove Springs Recreation Center, 5801 Ainez Drive, Austin, TX 78744
- Montopolis Recreation Center, 1200 Montopolis Dr. Austin, TX 78741
- North Austin YMCA, 1000 W Rundberg Ln, Austin, TX 78758
- Turner-Roberts Recreation Center, 7201 Colony Loop Dr., Austin, TX78724
Travis County Community Centers
- Central Austin, 5325 Airport Boulevard, Austin, Texas 78751
- Del Valle, 3518 FM 973 S., Del Valle, Texas, 78617
- Jonestown, 18649 FM 1431, Suite 6A, Jonestown, Texas, 78645
- Manor, 600 W. Carrie Manor St., Manor, Texas, 78653
- Oak Hill, 8656 A State Highway 71 West, Suite 100, Austin, Texas, 78735
- Pflugerville, 15822 Foothill Farm Loop, Suite D, Pflugerville, Texas, 78660
Multi-Agency Resource Centers
Staff will be available to answer community members’ questions and provide a variety of complimentary resources to help the community recover from the recent winter storm, such as charging centers, debris and damage information, mental health support, hot food, laundry facilities, showers, and more.
Date: Wednesday, February 8
Times: 3:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Location: Montopolis Rec Center: 1200 Montopolis Dr, Austin TX 78741
Date: Thursday, February 9
Times: 3:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Location: North YMCA: 1000 W Rundberg Ln, Austin, TX 78758
Dates: Friday, February 10
Times: 9:00 am – 7:00 pm
Location: Austin Convention Center, 500 E Cesar Chavez St, Austin, TX 78701
Dates: Saturday, February 11
Times: 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
Location: Austin Community College Riverside Campus, 1020 Grove Blvd, Austin, TX 78741