Rebates Available for Installing EV Charging Stations at Work
Are you ready to become an EV charging host? As more Austinites choose plug-in electric vehicles, the demand for charging stations at local-area businesses is increasing. Austin Energy offers a rebate for our commercial customers to install approved charging stations.
Installing EV charging stations at your place of business will help you attract customers and benefit your employees who drive EVs.
Currently, there are more than 250 Plug-In EVerywhere℠ stations in the Austin Energy service area.
- Email Plug-In Austin to find out how to connect privately-hosted charging stations to the Plug-In EVerywhere network.
- Find charging stations in the Austin area
Rebate Available to Help Lower Installation Cost
Austin Energy provides a rebate of up to $4,000 or 50% of the cost to install approved Level 2 (240V) charging stations and/or EV Level 1 (120V) outlets. The maximum rebate depends on the equipment you select and if the station is in an existing or new parking area.
Austin Energy is also providing rebates up to $10,000 to hosts who want to install a DC Fast Charger.
Get Ready for Electric Vehicles at Your Business
- Contact Austin Energy — email Plug-In Austin for more information about electric vehicles, charging technology, and costs. We can guide you through charging business models and help you find a licensed and experienced contractor.
- Join our network — Become a part of Austin Energy’s Plug-In EVerywhere network and your station will be connected to our network of more than 250 stations in the Austin Energy service area. Austin Energy takes care of the routine maintenance and operations, and powers all of the stations with 100% renewable energy through Austin Energy's GreenChoice® program.
Stay Plugged In
- Follow us on Facebook for plug-in electric vehicle news, StEVie T-Rex sightings, and events
- Telephone: 512-494-9400
- Email: Plug-In Austin
- Activate your Plug-In EVerywhere membership