More Ways to Go Electric
Rebates Available for Electric Bikes, Scooters, Mopeds, and Motorcycles
When you choose e-ride electric vehicles, you can save money on transportation and maintenance costs. Additionally, using a two-wheel electric e-ride vehicle helps you:
- Reduce air pollutants about 98% compared to gas-powered cars
- Have a convenient option for driving within work campuses, parks or universities, or for close-in commutes
- Increase visibility and awareness of electric transportation
Individual E-Ride Rebates Available
Austin Energy is offering eligible customers up to $300 to purchase a qualifying electric bike, scooter, moped, or motorcycle.
- If you want to purchase a two-wheel electric vehicle, review our electric ride guidelines (pdf) and participation steps (pdf).
- To apply for the rebate, download and complete the application form (pdf) and return to Austin Energy.
E-Ride Fleet Rebates Currently Available
Austin Energy is offering eligible businesses and organizations rebates of up to $400 per e-ride vehicles for fleets numbering five to 25 vehicles.
- To apply for the fleet rebate, download and complete the fleet application form (pdf) and return to Austin Energy.
Electric Ride (E-Ride) Options
Speeds on two-wheel electric vehicles can range from 10 mph to over 50 mph. How these two-wheel electric vehicles are powered can vary:
- All vehicles are powered with an electric motor.
- Some vehicles use a combination of human and electric power.
- Some vehicles, like the motorcycle, use only electric power.
Where to Purchase
All qualifying two-wheel vehicle purchases must be made through an Austin Energy-approved dealership (pdf) to qualify for a rebate. Approved dealers carry a variety of makes and models.
Stay Plugged In
- Follow us on Facebook for plug-in electric vehicle news, StEVie T-Rex sightings, and events
- Telephone: 512-494-9400
- Email: Plug-In Austin
- Activate your Plug-In EVerywhere membership