Charging Rebates and Options Available
Home Charging Station Rebate
While you can plug the vehicle into a regular 110 volt outlet, a Level 2 station gives you a faster charge. Austin Energy offers EV owners a rebate of 50% of the purchase and installation cost of a Level 2 (240V) charging station.
- The maximum rebate amount is $1,200 for Wi-Fi-enabled charging stations and $900 for non-Wi-Fi-enabled charging stations.
- To qualify for this rebate, you must be an Austin Energy customer.
- Installations can be performed by any licensed contractor.
- You also qualify for the home charging station rebate if you live in a multifamily property and your charging station is installed in a dedicated space (e.g., garage) for your use only.
Time-of-Use Charging Rate for Electric Vehicles Now Available with EV360℠
With EV360, Austin Energy is offering a time-of-use rate that allows EV drivers to do all of their charging at home, and provides access to any of our public charging stations in the Plug-In EVerywhere network — all for one flat rate.
Stay Plugged In
- Follow us on Facebook for plug-in electric vehicle news, StEVie T-Rex sightings, and events
- Telephone: 512-494-9400
- Email: Plug-In Austin
- Activate your Plug-In EVerywhere membership