Rebates and Services for Drivers and Riders of Electric Vehicles
Electric vehicles are a fun, innovative driving experience that have a number of advantages for consumers, including convenience, cost savings, and environmental benefits. Plug-in electric vehicles (EVs) hold an immense potential for helping increase the country’s energy, economic, and environmental security, and they are playing a key role in the future of U.S. transportation.
If you own a plug-in electric vehicle (EV) or are thinking about buying one, Austin Energy can help save you money and keep your vehicle on the move with rebates and access to our local network of charging stations.
See If an Electric Vehicle Is Right for You
Use our EV Calculator to compare your conventional vehicle to your preferred plug-in vehicle. See how you can save money on fuel, maintenance, and reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
EV is for EVeryone
- Drivers — although many drivers use existing outlets, Austin Energy rebates can help you pay for a faster (240v) charging station in your home. Additionally, you can get unlimited charging for your vehicle at any of our public charging stations for $4.17 a month.
- Bike Riders — you may qualify for a rebate for your purchase of an electric-powered motorcycle, bike, scooter, moped, or Segway.
- Businesses — an increasing number of commuters and fleet managers are choosing plug-in electric vehicles. Find out how to qualify for a rebate to install charging stations at your business location to support customers, employees, and/or your vehicle fleet.
- Multifamily Properties — as electric vehicles become more popular, a growing number of residents will choose properties that support PEV charging. Find out how Austin Energy can help you provide this green amenity with rebates, operational support, and marketing.
- Auto Dealers — email us if you would like more information on how you can get your sales staff trained on Austin Energy programs. You can receive incentives that help you sell your PEVs in the Austin market.
How Did We Get Here?
Learn how Austin Energy prepared for plug-in electric vehicles on Central Texas roads.
- Summary of the Texas River Cities Plug-In Electric Vehicle Infrastructure Plan (pdf)
- Texas River Cities Plug-In Electric Vehicle Initiative Regional Plan and Final Report (pdf)
Stay Plugged In
- Follow us on Facebook for plug-in electric vehicle news, updates, and events.
- Telephone: 512-494-9400
- Email: Plug-In Austin
- Activate your Plug-In Everywhere membership