Austin Energy is the nation’s eighth largest publicly owned electric utility. We serve more than 420,000 customers and a population of almost one million.
We provide service within the City of Austin, Travis County, and a small portion of Williamson County.
More than Electricity
We do more than supply electricity. Austin Energy also offers these services for commercial customers:
- Multifamily Partnership Program — If you own rental properties, you can participate in our Multifamily Partnership Program (MPP). MPP allows you to automatically transfer utility services from vacated rentals into the name of the property owner.
- Load Profiler — Load Profiler lets you monitor your company’s energy use and help find opportunities to save energy and money.
- Cell Towers & Pole Attachments — Our Infrastructure Asset Management team will work with businesses interested in leasing infrastructure assets owned by Austin Energy and the City of Austin.
- On-Site Energy Systems — We can assist your company with alternatives to traditional air conditioning and power generation. We offer district cooling, thermal energy storage, and distributed generation services.
- Smart Meters — Smart meters allow Austin Energy to read meters remotely and respond more quickly to outages.
- Tree Pruning — We follow a pruning program to meet the National Electrical Safety Code, avoid potential liability issues, and prevent outages and accidents. If we must remove a tree, we provide a utility-compatible replacement upon request.
- Call Before You Dig — Call Before You Dig is a free service that locates your underground utilities. Just call 8-1-1 to use this service any time you plan to excavate at your home or business.
- Lighting Services — We can provide outdoor lighting and improved safety with our Nightwatchman services.
Austin Energy Rebates and Incentives
We offer energy efficiency rebates and incentives to help your large or small business save money and energy. Local small businesses and non-profits can earn bonus rebates and big discounts on energy-efficient lighting.