Customer Assistance Programs
The City of Austin offers programs to help customers facing temporary and long-term financial difficulties as well as serious medical problems.
There are eligibility requirements for each program.
- CAP Discounts — If you or someone in your household participates in certain state, federal, or local assistance programs, you may be able to receive discounts on your utility bill.
- Financial Support Plus 1 — The Plus 1 fund provides emergency financial help if you are having temporary difficulty paying utility bills. Customers may also contribute to this fund via their monthly utility bills.
- Payment Arrangement — A payment arrangement allows you to pay off a past due bill balance over time to keep your utility account in good standing.
- Services for the Medically Vulnerable — If someone in your household has a long-term disease or critical illness, you may be eligible for the City’s registry of medically vulnerable customers and receive special support services.
- Weatherization Assistance — In addition to these City of Austin programs, Austin Energy offers no-cost home energy improvements to qualifying customers with low-to-moderate incomes. The improvements reduce energy costs, address health and safety issues, and enhance comfort.
austinenergy.com will be temporarily unavailable Feb. 24, 2018, from 3:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. for routine maintenance. Thank you for your patience.