As a home seller, you may be exempt from ECAD disclosure requirements if you meet one or more of the following conditions:
- Your home is outside of the Austin city limits.
- Your property does not receive electric service from Austin Energy.
- Your home is less than 10 years old at the time of sale.
Energy Efficiency Improvements through Austin Energy Programs
- You have made qualifying energy efficiency improvements through the following Austin Energy programs within the last 10 years:
- Home Performance with ENERGY STAR®, a whole-home energy efficiency program
- Rebates and Incentives, through which you made three or more energy efficiency improvements or received a minimum of $500 in residential energy efficiency upgrade rebates (excludes Austin Water conservation, Austin Resource Recovery, solar installation, and other City of Austin rebates)
- Weatherization Assistance (available only for customers with low-to-moderate incomes)
To obtain documentation of improvements made to your home through these programs, or to get your ECAD status, call 512-482-5346. You can also email ECAD with the home's address and your Austin Energy Electric account number.
- You have a manufactured home built on a permanent chassis and designed for use without a permanent foundation.
Certain Ownership Changes or Title Transfers
- Your home changes ownership and the transfer of the title occurs under one of the following:
- Foreclosure sale, trustee's sale, or deed in lieu of foreclosure
- Pre-foreclosure sale in which the seller reached an agreement with the mortgage holder to sell the property for an amount less than the amount owed on the mortgage
- Threat or exercise of eminent domain
- Gift from one family member to another family member without consideration
- Court order or probate proceedings
- Decree of legal separation or dissolution of marriage or property settlement agreement incidental to such a decree
Please call 512-482-5346 or email us if you have any questions or need additional information about the ECAD ordinance.