Multifamily Partnership Program
Continuous Electric Service for Multifamily Properties
Austin Energy’s Multifamily Partnership Program (MPP) provides automatic transfer of utility services from vacated rentals into the name of the property owner.
With MPP, participants can easily monitor electric utility transactions for all units in their complex through our secure Online Customer Care website.
There is a one-time group initiation fee of $20/unit to participate in this continuous electric service program.
If a property changes ownership after May 1, 2006 and the new owners become MPP members, no initiation fee will be accessed as long as:
- the property is in the program at the time of the sale, and
- the purchasing company submits MPP enrollment forms (and any additional documentation that has been requested) within 10 business days of the sale of the property.
- Uninterrupted Service — When a resident moves out, service is automatically switched to the property owner’s name, ensuring uninterrupted utility services.
- Residents Manage Service Requests — Residents contact Austin Energy directly to turn utility services on or off.
- We Read the Meters — Austin Energy does all the meter reading, including initial and final reads.
- Online Report — Report provides service status for each unit in your complex.
Enroll in the Multifamily Partnership Program
Print and complete the Service Agreement and Enrollment forms:
Mail, fax, or email completed forms to:
City of Austin - Austin Energy - Customer Care Contact Center - MPP
PO Box 2267
Austin, TX 78767-2267
Email: Multifamily Partnership Program