Customer Energy Solutions Program Updates
The Austin Energy Resource, Generation, and Climate Protection Plan (pdf) outlines the goals we have set, and are presently on track to meet by the year 2020.
Our utility goals are to:
- Achieve 900 MW in savings through energy efficiency and demand side management by 2025.
- Meet 55% of all energy needs through renewable resources by 2025, including 950 MW of solar power, 200 MW of which will be local solar.
- Reduce carbon dioxide (CO2 power plant emissions) 20% below 2005 levels by 2020.
Austin Energy is responsible for and committed to the design, implementation, and evaluation of these goals through our rebate programs and offerings.
See How We’re Doing
Customer Energy Solutions (CES) Reports to the Resource Management Commission (RMC)
CES Reports and Summaries
Learn More About Our Customer Energy Solutions Programs and Offerings
Our Customer Energy Solutions (CES) team helps our customers save money and energy through a wide selection of rebate offerings and incentives.
- Residential Energy Efficiency — Residential customers are encouraged to take advantage of a wide variety of Austin Energy conservation programs designed to help them reduce their energy consumption and save money on their electric bills.
- Commercial Energy Efficiency — Commercial rebates are offered to our commercial customers so they may invest in new, energy efficient technologies that reduce the high demand for electrical power during hot summer afternoons when the demand for electric power is at its highest.
- Austin Energy Green Building — We offer consultation, technical assistance, and green building rating services to all building industry professionals working on new construction and major renovation projects within the Austin Energy service area.
- Solar Energy — We assist customers who install Solar Photovoltaic (PV) technology and solar hot water heaters in their homes or businesses by offering financial incentives to help offset the initial investment.
- Plug-In Austin Electric Vehicle Program — This program offers rebates to help pay for electric charging stations. Rebates are also offered for qualified electric-powered motorcycles, bikes, scooters, mopeds, or Segways. Other incentives are available for businesses and multifamily properties.